Last Night in Ferguson (10.21.14): A state senator was arrested (and mama may have been legally packing), one of the lead organizers, nettaaaaaaaa, was roughed up by police, and one of the main sources of footage/live feeds, Rebel Z, was detained in what seems to have been an intimidation and straight up harassment tactic. The police are out of control, and it’s only getting worse. If you think this is over, you need to look again. #staywoke #farfromover
Ferguson is still happening. Are you still paying attention?
Not taking any chances
I scrolled past this and the guilt was too much
1. “Hi Mom!” on October 1, 2005 (first SNL episode)
2. “Hi Maggie!” on May 6, 2006 (after their wedding)
3. “Hi Maggie, hi Hannah!” on October 10, 2009 (after Hannah’s birth)
4. “Hi Maggie, [hi Hannah], hi Harper!” on September 15, 2012 (after Harper’s birth)
5. “Hi Maggie, hi Hannah, hi Harper!” on May 18, 2013 (last SNL episode)
6. “Goodnight Maggie, goodnight Hannah, goodnight Harper!” on October 11, 2014 (appearance as host)
This made me cry.
In joint celebration of hitting 2k followers and one of my lady heroes (specifically dear Amy Poehler) releasing a book, I’ve decided to do a giveaway!!!
Prize: Signed Yes Please book!
- you don’t have to be following me, but i’d super appreciate it if you did…
- reblog this post by October 28th, 2014, 11:59pm
- only reblogs count, but you can reblog as many times as you want
- i will be choosing using a random number generator, and will notify the winner. if they don’t respond within two days, i will choose another.
- additionally, i would prefer to ship to somewhere in the US, but if it’s somewhere international we’ll talk and work something out!
tbh i am not here for ppl who are not here for this look